Tuesday, August 17, 2010

no z's

Late at night, no z’s. Not even hot so no excuse.
Weird Monday. Man on the deck as I woke up. My neighbour’s Dad is installing siding for back of house, today working on portion that faces our deck. He never asks for permission to use our deck to work from. My dog wouldn’t stop barking so I had to abort all my plans and take him for a walk. K’s dad was apologetic and agreed to ask in the future but what bothered me was the thought that maybe he should work out a more convenient time to minimize any bother towards myself. He always seems to carry the presumption that it is still okay to continue working, despite the inconvenience of his actions. Weird.
Stake out today along our front street. A man a few doors down had barricaded himself in his room, threatening to shoot himself and others if his wife interfered. Swollen headed police officer standing at bottoms of my steps with a walkie facing the stake out scene. The wife was sitting on my neighbours steps, her arms wound tightly around herself, talking to a paramedic. Fully decked out ETF officer standing adjacent to suspect’s house, watching house with binoculars while cradling an assault weapons in his gloved hand. Back alley closed off too and all civilians ordered into houses.
Situation cleared 1/2 hour later. K came home w/her dog. Turned out police regularly staked out this house as illegal gambling and possibly prostitution was thought to occur often.
Came over later. I told her about her dad’s antics this morning. K apologized profusely. It turned out that her dad had agreed to do the siding back in November when K was looking for a contractor to do the job. He still hasn’t finished it and won’t leave until it’s done, despite K asking him to stop. The situation has turned into a farce and it drove both K and her roommate out of her house for a week because they couldn’t take the mess. She had returned home today. This, and a situation with one of her tenants, has K quite stressed. I feel bad for leaving at the end of the month and Erick feels bad, but from a protective aspect.
House coming along nicely. I’ve booked movers for two Fridays from now so the next ten days will be a whirl with packing. So, so excited!
Diamond cutters class 2 tonight. I am the first lamb to the slaughter, the first work-shopped manuscript. Excited, frightening. I've taken a risk with this one. Although anxious to hear what people think, also nervous that it will be seen as a self indulgent whine fest. C. was right to give me the journal. Now we will see if the universe thinks so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment