Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tired

0757AM. Sunday Morning. August 29th. Soon it will be September 1st. My anniversary.
Hard to believe it has only been a year. A year ago yesterday I worked my last night shift.
Last night we went out to dinner with friends. I mentioned my anniversary to one and he scratched his head and said, "Wow, how long?" Two, three years?"
When I told him, it was only one year, he shook his head in disbelief.
I don't blame him. The last 362 days have seemed like forever ago. So much has happened. So much. The last year doesn't seem real.
The neuropsych came back, finally, this week as well. It supported what I already knew and stipulated that I was unfit to return to work. They recommended I be reassessed in 1-1.5yrs. Upsetting but not surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment