Tuesday, June 8, 2010

insomia part infinity

Can't sleep. Feet hurting. On the left, tingling and numbness. On the right heavy pressure where my ankles touch the mattress. I think my yoga for today will be savasana followed by a nap.
Higgins is filling the apartment with a flatulent bouquet of acidic gas. Somewhere sometime he picked up roundworm egg, which nestled into his digestive tract nicely and turned into long spaghetti like worms. They made their presence known by keeping Higgins up all last night, pacing about the floor and whining to be let outside. He finally couldn't hold it and had a runny bout of diarrhea all over the carpet to the bathroom, in which lay a few wriggling worms. For an encore he barfed up a heap of worms so long they made my stomach lurch in sympathy for my poor little furry friend. He whimpered all morning, curled up beside the screen door. We got an appointment with the vet and away we went, Higgins curled in my lap for the ride. We brought in the lump of worms along with a stool sample for both Higgins and Lucy. Higgins was examined, consoled and eventually de-wormed. Te vet said being a puppy he should bounce back by tonight but if no improvement within 24hrs to bring him back in. He slept most of the afternoon and by dinner was happily jumping on the couch, pestering my friends from work who had stopped by, and eating like a fiend. Oh to have the constitution of a puppy! He periodically reminded us of his issue. with the most putrid of flatus'. Ew.
So great to see my work colleagues again. Odd as it seems I really miss work and being a nurse. When I was in hospital it was very hard for me to be a patient as I was so used to being on the other side. Clash of identities. When the accident occured I was spending most of my social time with my work friends. Health care can be a very isolating field as my non-nursing friends can't relate at all. My bad days were very different to their bad work days. Or, rather, same same but different.

No comments:

Post a Comment