Monday, June 7, 2010

The prelude

Last I wrote I spoke of this challenge I am undertaking. To practice Yoga every day and write 800 words/day for 3 weeks. Starting tomorrow. I'm not quite sure how this will go nor if I can keep it up but I like to think I can. At the very least the regular yoga should serve to loosen me up, keep me more mobile. The writing, well, we'll see. It will be tough. Instead of a structured piece of writing I think I'll play it on an as it comes approach. Some days a blog entry, others a mini essay. I was thinking of making it a handwritten piece in my red journal from the hospital but I seem to have dropped that habit entirely. Hand writing is a different sort of cathartsism as the physical act of writing, of imprinting my self and my thoughts on a tangible media, is so personal. Blogging is a different act entirely - a sequence of button pressing into a non physical space that many can see, read and comment on all around the world. Mind bloggling to think about if one so chooses. But I digress.
I am hoping this challenge will bring a sense of order to my life. A clearer mind, a clearer body. An improved sense of being. I am also going to improve my diet as well. We bought a juicer and a vitamix this weekend so I am hoping I will dive into the realm of cooking as I once did.
Instead of shopping to make me feel better, I will learn to exercise, eat right and blog to eleviate any depression, pain or suffering my situation has caused. Day 1 starts tomorrow. Some light early morning yoga I think. And juice. And blogging. Not sure what about. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment