Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 1

So today while online, I came across this project - Reverb 10. The premise is to reflect on the past year and manifest what's next. Putting the past year to bed and preparing the motivation juice to jump start the next year. Through daily prompts I will reflect and think about the past year and verbally amp up the next. Sounds cathartic!
The timing is excellent. I just had a team meeting with my case manager, physiotherapist and occupational therapist to discuss my current schedule and forming goals to work towards in the coming months. My sessions with the PTA Heather are now on hiatus to make room for a 3rd weekly session of Pilates, as well as a nutritional consult. Many plans were made and I left the meeting feeling pretty good about things to come. So this challenge feels right. Maybe evoke some good ju ju for once.
So today's prompt.

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Recover. The name of this blog and the word of the year. This year has been all about recover for me. Jan 1st 2010 I was house bound, essentially chair bound, very skinny and weak having just been discharged from hospital. I had to figure out home rehab, figure out how to navigate my house. I had to recover what was left of my life and start over. I felt so exposed, so vulnerable. So defenceless due to my fragile state. I had the ass of an eighty year old - atrophied and all bone. I had to recover myself from the inside out. Throughout the course of the year what I had lost became apparent and I had to get over the grief, loss and sorrow for my former self. In our apartment I lived with a ghost, the ghost of my former self, in every nook and cranny. Towards the end of the year I regained the weight I had lost and then some. Now very little fits. More loss, as I had amounted a killer wardrobe. I had to recover, head to toe.
Recover - the word of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment