Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb#10 - Day 18

Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

I'd like to try getting on my bike. Even just riding a few feet. My physiotherapist wants to make this a treatment goal for May next year. The idea of riding in the city makes me want to vomit. Too soon.
I'd like to join the Toronto Temperance Society. I think it would be fun, a real treat, and a possible return to actually having a life. E and I enjoyed ourselves immensely last time. My sister and her boyfriend purchased a membership between them. This allows them and two others to enter the club and hang there. Drinks are $10. These are true cocktails, pre-prohibition style. All the ingredients are made in house. The menu is fantastic, a smorgasbord of tasty drinks, for a steal of a price. Plus they hold tasting nights, where a product is featured, and on those nights, the drinks are free. E and I have decided that or xmas our presents to ourselves is this membership. We could take our friends, have a night out twice a month. Have an actual social life. The club is above Sidecar restaurant, which has an excellent prix-fixe menu, in the heart of Little Italy. It'd be brilliant in summer. We also want to start a movie night twice a month.
We are also hoping our trip in January to Tulum will enable me to try diving and see if it is something I could do again. I hope so. If I can we are buying ourselves a full dive kit. And learning the maintenance for it. If not, maybe one day.
I'm also hoping to develop a creative side. I loved making the mouse ornaments for the ornament exchange. I got a sewing machine for my birthday this year so here's hoping I can have fun with it. My knitting continues, although I've frogged the same sweater countless times. Sigh.
Little things begin big things. Bunny steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment