Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb#10 - Day 6

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

I'm an avid blog reader, particularly the crafty blogs. The blog Modish did a post about an annual ornament exchange where you are part of a ten person group and make and ornaments for everyone in the group, and then sit back to wait for your ornaments to arrive. It sounded like fun so I joined.
I decided on mice ornaments. I halved and cleaned out the walnut half, made felt ears and tails, glued the ars in the inner top and the tail in the inner bottom, glued in a hazel nut for the head, glued on googly eyes, stuffed the bottom half with batten and covered it with material and voila! A mouse all tucked into his/her walnut half bed.

I finished them tonight, and my husband painted a nose and mouth on the hazel nut.

They are so cute! I want to keep them all!

I also knit, and have compiled a varied yarn stash. I wish I had more time to make more projects, as the rhythm of knitting I find very therapeutic. I also got a sewing machine for my birthday. My husband made a dining room table this fall. He only just finished it so now I have a big surface on which to start sewing.

I also would like to cook more. My head injury has kept me out of the kitchen as I find it quite confusing now, particularly the multitasking. My OTA is gearing our sessions towards cooking these next few month so this week I made a dhal. I used to make large curry spreads - 3-4 dishes at a time - and while this is unattainable currently, it felt nice making dinner this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment